M-2/MAAP/MAAP+ Addressable (Point-to-Point)
DESCRIPTION: The M-2/MAAP/MAAP+ training class introduces the components of addressable panels including circuits, LCD, LEDs, ports, and switches. Students learn how each panel is expected to work from supplied specification drawings, the basics of the Monaco Addressable Planner software, as well as hands-on experience wiring devices, resolving troubles and testing the panels. Finally, communication between M-2/MAAP/MAAP+ Addressable panel and Monaco Central Receiving Systems is explained. Extensive labs teach students the following:
- Install, program, operate, and maintain M-2/MAAP/MAAP+ addressable panels
- Operation of the M-Addressable planner and out to transfer configuration files to the D-21
- Transfer system requirements to a point-to-point drawing and then wire the panes to meet those system requirements.
Students with a laptop computer will receive hands-on experience programming panels using the planning software.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Anyone who programs, installs, operates, and maintains M-2 Addressable panel
to install software used in the class.
- The Fire Alarm Systems Design & Maintenance class within the last two years, or NICET Level II, or five years of experience in fire alarm panel installation is required to attend.
- Pentium-class laptop computer with Windows 95 or later, CD ROM, and at least one 9-pin RS-232 serial port or a 9-pin RS-232 to USB adaptor to program the transceivers. Students need administrative rights to their computer
1Gb thumb drive
- Addressable FACP overview
- Installation and connections
- Configuration and programming using the M-Planner, and transferring configuration files to the D-21
- Operation, maintenance and troubleshooting
COURSE NUMBER: 020-021-00
CLASS LIMIT: Class size is limited to 18 students. Register early to ensure space availability.